The fall of 2016 our work crew worked on removing the old cement chapel to make way for the new chapel. We had the privilege to celebrate the final mass in the chapel with Father Fred Fink. It was a joyous and a sad moment as we all have special memories of the first time we saw the chapel or were part of the honor guard for mass at the chapel. We new the many years of decay the cement was deteriorating and that we had to remove it before it fell down on its own. As we started work we were surprised to find a time capsule from 1951 and the crew that erected the original foundation and Altar.
Every year brings a list of new projects and we rely on dedicated Knights to keep Fort St. Charles in beautiful condition for our priests and other visitors.
Pictured below is the Fall 2016 work crew. We are fortunate to have such talented, dedicated Catholic men giving of their time and talents. We welcome you to ask about our fall and spring work trips.